What are you doing right? I have been thinking about this for quite some time - we are so easily swarmed with things we should be doing or could be doing to move our business forward that it is easy to get overwhelmed. There is always more to do. Period. And there always will be.
But if we look around our business ventures can we pick one thing that we are doing right?
- Do we treat our customers with kindness?
- Are our products the best they can be?
- Do we consistently work on our communication skills?
- Have we learned something new that we are incorporating today?
- Have we made a recent connection and are building that relationship?
- Do our employees enjoy coming to work?
- Are we working towards bigger goals within our communities?
- Did we fix a mistake for a customer with grace and clarity?
These are all things that we do each day, but are we celebrating them? Think about your business like a cookie. There are many ingredients to a really decadent chocolate chip cookie and if you leave out the salt or the sugar you are going to have a tasteless wafer. It takes every small thing to make it work - just like in your own business. So, for today, celebrate the things you are doing right. Heck, have a cookie!