This week has been hard to put it simply. One foot in front of the other kind of stuff, but there were good things too. Always looking for the good things!
- Monday: Quiet. Reflective. Sad. Missing my sister. We also lost one of our chickens to the Coyote Pack... the band of mangy coyotes that roam these Ozark hills dining on chicken buffet.
- Tuesday: Two meetings and a speaking engagement. My goal was to meet my commitments, but not add anything on this week and these things were already planned. Mission accomplished.
- Wednesday: My husband deep cleaned the entire house and dealt with the blooming flea issue. Hot weather + 2 cats + 1 dog = fleas. Vacuumed, pulled furniture out, and sprayed the house with what I am sure is some extremely toxic chemical. We are now flea free!
- Thursday: Taught a small business class, client meeting, and then attended a community meeting. Managed to only tear up a few times. Another chicken eaten. Sigh. We now have one. UPS did bring my new business cards. Love them!
- Friday: Trained a group on Pinterest for Small Biz, had a great offer for a project, and had a great time with my daughter noodling around her hometown. A great day, until the drive home through the Ozark hills where inexperienced drivers were going 35 in a 55 mile an hour 2 lane road with no way to pass them. Public Service Announcement: Pull over. If there are cars behind you, pull over. Your thoughtfulness will be extremely appreciated.
- Saturday: Doors and windows open in suddenly beautiful weather... which drove my husband to decide that we should paint one side of the house. We are doing it one side at a time, by hand and brush. He calls it mindfulness painting. I call it slow.
As a side note there was supposed to be a huge meteor shower last night. We saw not one shooting star. Not surprised, I don't think this week was my week for magic in the sky. Another time, another wish can be made!