Yesterday my daughter and her partner made the most amazing muffins in my teeny tiny kitchen. I have always wanted to know how to bake Starbucks like muffins and these are them. Big, fluffy, filled with goodness.
Basic Muffin Mix
Makes 9 Muffins in the Large Muffin Tins
- 4 cups Oat Bran
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/4 stick Butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- Desired Mix In's - see Directions
- Jumbo Liners
- Raw Sugar for Tops
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs lightly in another bowl.
- Melt butter.
- Mix wet ingredients, then slowly mix butter in to the wet mixture.
- Spray LARGE muffin pan (the huge ones, not those little cupcake pans) heavily and place jumbo liners in.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do Not Over mix or you WILL have bricks.
- This is where you can add your goodies: you can incorporate anything you want. We had half with walnuts and honey and the other half with white chocolate chips and raspberries. Let your imagination run wild.
- Scoop mixture into cups making sure to fill them up all the way to the top.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with Raw Sugar if wanted.
- Bake at 325 for 40 - 45 minutes checking and turning at the 20 minute mark.