I thought, for fun, I would share five things that you may not know about me. If you do know them you must be awfully close to me and I am wondering why you read my blog - you must be a stalker. Anyway, here are five things about moi that you may or may not know:
- I left high school in the first semester of 11th grade. Yep, I took the California High School Proficiency Test and leaped into college because I couldn't stand the everyday experience of high school. Do I regret that, not one bit. I was so happy to jump into the college scene and learn new ideas, be somewhat autonomous, and out of the horror that high school can be to a teenage girl.
- I don't eat mushrooms. I don't have a very advanced palate. I only learned to like onions when I was 18... it is slow process for me to try new foods. I like simple, unadorned food. No gravies, sauces, or extra stuff to get in the way of the whole food flavor. Simple...mmmm... maybe I should start a Simple Food Movement.
- I have lived with nuns. It was amazing. These were graduate study, hip, west coast nuns and I loved every minute of it. That was where I was living when I had our Sparkly Girl and I have to tell you I learned so much from these women. I learned to listen better (still working on that), I learned to meditate, I learned to have female friends. An amazing time - a true gift.
- Our family lived at East Wind. We lived there in 1999 and it was a life changing experience. I turned 30 there, I almost lost my partner, our family was in turmoil, our idealism tanked, our ideas about community were somewhat shattered. Would I do it again? Yes and no. I would pick a community more consciously I would be better grounded. I would have to make room to process the constant evolution of people, change and energy. Yep, how hippie dippy can I sound.
- My degree is in Graphic Design. Ok, that is a simple thing... but I work from home now and no one asks what I do so I thought I would share what I do with you. I do small business marketing for companies throughout the US. It is amazing work and I am blessed to have taken the leap to work alone and to work with companies who are passionate about what they do.
What are 5 things that I don't know about you. If you post I'll randomly pick one and send you a cool prize. I actually have a box of cool prizes that is just WAITING to be tapped into. So send a link to your blog post with 5 things about vous!