In December I decided to take the plunge and take part of One Little Word. It is a year long online workshop that has you choose one word that you take into your life. My word is Focus. As part of the first assignment we were asked to create 12 Intentions - one for each month. The goal was to incorporate your word into a short phrase and write an intention about that concept. My goal was to not over think it and to just go with a flow of ideas not worrying about if the month really matched the ideas or not.
The class is heavily geared towards scrapbookers, which I am not. They all use a system called Project Life, which although cool, isn't something I am interested in doing. Instead, I took Ali's directions and used the materials that I had on hand. In other words, I shopped my own supplies and created my own thing.
I used a square blank drawing notebook that I had, printed out my intentions, stapled the months to them and then attached them to the stuck them to the book using the washi tape that my daughter had given me for Christmas. I love the tape, by the way. So, this look will continue all year and each month I will do the exercises and post the project as it continues here.My intentions:
- January: Autofocus - Schedules, systems and making life easier through good planning
- February: Heart Focus - Love with all my heart
- March: Focus Point - My home is where I set out from
- April: Direct Focus - Find my target and shoot straight, know and on what I want
- May: Unfocus - Relax, let go
- June: Outside Focus - Get into nature, see the big world
- July: Core Focus - Health and Fitness, get serious about that 5K and eating healthy
- August: Gather Focus - Find true friends and heart lifters, focus on them
- September: Deep Focus - Getting real, listening and writing
- October: Peak Focus - Make memories
- November: Center Focus - Meditation and balance
- December: Fixed Focus - Planning for the future and looking into the horizon
So far, I have fought focus and embraced it - I can see it is going to be an interesting year seeing how and what that means for me.